Software Freedom Day – Ubuntu Ireland – Final Update
So Software Freedom Day is nearly upon us. It’s taking place on Saturday 20th at the Digital Exchange on Crane Street Dublin 8.
So what will be happening….
Hands on sessions, games, talks and demonstrations
– What is Free Software? How you can use it at home, work or at school?
– Install and try Ubuntu Linux yourself!
– What does the Ubuntu community in Ireland do?
– Meet other Linux novices and experts
– How to get involved in your local community
– Enjoy talks from Google, Irish Free software Organisation, Ubuntu Ireland and Camra.
– Irish Computer Educational Society of Ireland Open Street Map, PHP, and many more will be taking part
– Sign up http://www.ubuntu-ie.org
Talks are going to go on throughout the Day.
11:00 am Doors open – time to explore the venue
11:30 am Paul O’Malley – What You Should Know About Software Freedom – from GNU to Ubuntu!
12:00 pm Camara – “Who are we and what do we do?
12:30 pm Glenn Strong (IFSO) – “DRM and Software Freedom”
2:00 pm John Looney – “Open Source Engineering in Google”
2:30 pm Ciaran O’Riordan (IFSO) – “The Free Software Movement in 2008”
3:00 pm Break
3:30 pm Gareth Eason – “Free & Open Source Software: Why you want it!”
4:00 pm Dermot McNally “The OpenStreetMap Project”
4:30 pm Maciej Danielski – “Ubuntu Ireland”
6:30pm Refreshments at the Longstone Pub
Software Freedom Day in Dublin is a family friendly event if you have kids, please bring them along!