Working my way through my to do list
I sat down on one of the quiet evenings this week and went through all of the Gobby documents from UDS and marked off where I had items actioned to me and made a list. Now I’m checking it twice and going to start working through things and crossing them off or adding to them if I need more detail. ( I like lists)
LoCo Directory – Event Feature
* ”’OBJECTIVE”’: Implement an event handing feature.
* ”’SUCCESS CRITERIA”’: LoCo teams can add events to be displayed on their LoCo directory page and view event information.
* Ability to add an event with the following attributes:
* Event type (Jam, Presentation, Tutorial, Release Party, Installfest, Other)
* Events are visible on LoCo pages and a master list of events.
While I don’t have anything assigned to this I am following this as I worked on this last May at UDS Karmic and this week I’m seeing more developments in the progress of this. With LoCos getting involved asking how they can help. I think this kind of feature would help more LoCos organise their events and keep track of them for approval and for re approval if they can see what has been organised at a glance.
The reason behind this feature is, it’s very hard to keep track of attendance, I can say 8 people came and it could have been 12 or 6, if the feature of replying and adding your name to it, like you do for attending UDS then you can see who came to the event. It’s also a way of see all LoCo events across the board on the one directory.
– Liaising with NGOs: – I’m working on finding more NGOs for Interviews, and also this week I’ve had people mail me saying they are doing some with their Local NGOs and will mail me the interviews, so we can get these back up and running.
• document painpoints, transform into papercuts: file as bug reports, tag with ‘ngo’ (laura) – Worked on this during the week and sent mail to the NGO mailing list.
• Advocacy (need leader for this role) – I’ve added my name to this since UDS as has Penelope Stowe
– list of existing foundations, other organisations that already work with NGOs
– list of conferences that NGOs attend specific to gathering technical assistance
– talk to docs team about help.ubuntu.com export (and other loco documentation) (Laura talk to Jim Campbell, Milo Casagrande) – Need to start on this
– talk to Server team about PHP packaging ( laura to go talk to ask) – this is going to come under paper jams
* ”’OBJECTIVE”’: Clarify the purpose of the #ubuntu-women channel.
* ”’SUCCESS CRITERIA”’: A set of channel guidelines clearly communicated to #ubuntu-women participants.
* Discuss a set of guidelines for general discussion channel about the Ubuntu Women project (Laura Czajkowski). – This will be taken to the mailing list due to time constraints from meeting held on the 8th December followed by another meeting.
* Document the agreed set of guidelines (Laura Czajkowski). – Going to work on a draft so we can work against something to discuss, as no point in just waffling without having somewhere as a base line to work from.
* Communicate guidelines outwards (Jono Bacon, Amber Graner, Laura Czajkowski). – Can only do this when the above is done
* ”’OBJECTIVE”’: Appoint a leader of the Ubuntu Women team, complete with codified expectations around the role. – Well this was discussed at the Ubuntu women meeting held. And we’ve come up with a process.
* ”’SUCCESS CRITERIA”’: A delegated leader in place for a set term length, complete with documented expectations around the role.
* Documenting expectations of the role (Amber / Laura). – This has been done on the wiki and with input in from the team during the meeting.
I was elected to the LoCo Council, and during UDS I said I’d look into drafting a document with outlining the re approval process. Working on that today, once I read some of the email archives as this is all new to me.
So the above is keeping me very quiet and busy at the moment, but loving it all the same!